Everyone at EYGC Summer Camp takes pride in providing a quality experience for all campers on a daily basis. We are very excited about the programming we have for you this year and look forward to seeing returning campers and welcoming new campers into the EYGC Summer Camp family.
Our commitment at EYGC Summer Camp is to provide children and youth with opportunities for learning in a safe and fun environment: an environment that celebrates the unique abilities of each child in a spirit of community. Your child’s safety and enjoyment of our program are of paramount concern to us. We encourage participation and ensure that campers can explore the full range of programs offered in a supportive and inclusive environment.
Please take the time to read through this information booklet and keep it handy during the week. This booklet contains essential information for creating the best possible camp experience for everyone.
Thank you for choosing EYGC Summer Camp! We look forward to meeting you soon!
East York Gymnastics Club
Camp Dates and TypeWk 1: July 4 - 7, 2023 (Short week due to Canada day holiday) Wk 2: July 10 - 14, 2023 Wk 3: July 17 - 21, 2023 Wk 4: July 24 - 28, 2023 Wk 5: July 31 - Aug 5, 2023 Wk 6: Aug 8 - 11, 2003 (Short week due to civic holiday) Wk 7: Aug 14- 18, 2023 Wk 8: Aug 21 - 25, 2023 Wk 9: Aug 28 - Sept 1, 2023
Full Day Camp: 8:30am – 4:30pm (AM gymnastics - PM general Camp activities)
Full Day Just Gymnastics: 8:30am – 4:30pm (AM gymnastics - PM Gymnastics)
Half Day Camp: NEW!! 8:30am – 12:00pm (PM camps cancelled for 2023)
Fees, Policies and Extended Hours
Full Day Camp: $375 per week (4.5 yrs +)
Half Day Camp: $225 per week (4 yrs +)
7:30am earliest drop off time for full day camper or half day AM campers.
5:30pm latest pick up time for full day campers
There is no late pick up for half day AM campers. Parents pick up at 12:00pm.
Payment and Cancellation Policy 2023
- Payments for camps will be processed on June 1, 2023
- Prior to the payment dates, you may cancel your camp without penalty.
- After the payment has been processed there are no refunds, only credits.
- Credits are not available for refund at a later date for any reason including family relocation.
- $45 Registration fee is non refundable
- Registration fee is valid July 1, 2023 thru to June 30, 2024
Calendar of Activities
* Friday camp trips are for Young, Junior and Senior campers.
Ages are calculated as of the first day of camp and are strictly enforced as this is a new program that is very active and may not be suitable for all 4.5 yr olds.
Begins Mon Feb 27, 2023
New members may register online via the registration tables below.
Members that have an online profile with our club must register through the family login button.
Kinder Camp (4 - 5 yrs) Registration Tables
Young Camp (5 – 7 yrs) Registration Tables
Junior Camp (7 – 10 yrs) Registration Tables
Senior Camp (10– 15 yrs) Registration Tables
Sign In/Sign Out
In order to maintain accountability, your child must be signed in with the supervisor at the front desk on their arrival to camp and signed out with the supervisor on their departure each day. If you know your child will be absent or late, you should inform the supervisor.
Please contact the Office at 416-759-6823 before 9 a.m. if your child is going to be absent. Leave a message on the machine with the camp and your child’s full name.
Please ensure that everyone who has permission to pick-up your child has been added to the sign-in sheet and the child’s registration form. Only those listed on the sign-in sheet will be permitted to pick up that child from camp. As well, those picking up your child may be asked to show photo ID to verify their identity. Please make sure that everyone with permission to pick up your child brings photo ID with him or her.
Essential Items to Bring to Camp
Due to severe PEANUT/NUT ALLERGIES OF SOME OF OUR GYMNASTS, peanuts, peanut products and all other nuts are not allowed in the building. This also includes Granola or Cereal bars!!
Wear comfortable clothing. Campers may wear tights or leotards. If campers wear shorts and t-shirts make sure they are close fitting to allow movement of the body. Gymnasts will be barefoot while in the gym.
Half Day Campers: Please pack a morning or afternoon snack, a lot of water and an old-t-shirt or shirt for protection against craft spills on gym clothes.
Full Day Campers: Please pack a morning and afternoon snack as well as a substantial lunch and a lot of water. An old T-shirt or shirt for protection against craft spills on gym clothes is advised as well as a good pair of walking shoes, sunscreen, and a hat. We anticipate that water activities will be held on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Please pack swimwear and a towel for these afternoons.
Children will not be permitted to leave the camp during the lunch period unless accompanied by parent/guardian. Parents must sign their child out of camp with the supervisor and sign him/her back in after lunch.
**PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY TO CAMP WITH YOUR CHILD **
On the days that camers leave the gym for outside activities, they will receive/borrow a freshly laundered EYGC tank top so that students can be easily identified.
Epi Pens and Special Needs
- Parents are to inform the front office at time of registration if their child has an epi-pen / special needs.
- Epi-pen forms are to be filled out and returned to the front desk or emailed to email@example.com before your child can attend camp
- Epi-pens are to be left with the camp coordinator at time of sign in and picked up each day. Your child will not be permitted into the gym if they do not have their epi-pen with them.
- If your child is coming to the gym with a cast or has had a recent concusion, please come to the gym with a completed Fit To Train form. Please note that a physician note/signature is required on this form.
General Notes for Parents
Special Notes for Parents
- Parents need to sign their campers in and out with the camp director on a daily basis.
- Each week’s activities and any full day trip will be posted on the camp bulletin board on the Monday of that week.
- Only campers that are signed up for the full week, full day program will participate in the full day trips.
- A trip permission form will be sent home for your signature 2 days prior to each trip. The trip confirmation deadline is the Wed of each week. Should you choose not to send your child on the trip he/she may remain in camp at the gym. Due to staffing requirements, trip confirmation is FINAL.
- We understand that summer camp fees are tax deductible so please keep this paper as a receipt.
- To ensure the safety of your child, it is very important to pick up your son/daughter on time. Please refer to our extended hours policy for details.
In Case of Emergency
Every precaution is taken for the safety and good health of all participants. Instructors are trained to deal with emergency situations. In the unfortunate event of an accident or illness of your child, the following procedure will be followed:
- The instructor will assess the situation and take appropriate measures.
- You will be notified by phone or, in the case of minor incidents, at pick up time.
- If required, your child will be taken by EMS to an emergency department.
If your child has a medical concern, please ensure that our office knows in advance of the camp. A staff member will follow up with you before the camp begins to discuss any concerns.
During the camp, if your child is experiencing any difficulties or problems, please let us know. We look forward to a safe and enjoyable camp.
Sick Children – When to stay home
A sick child can infect other participants and staff and runs a greater risk of injury in sport and recreation programs. If your child has any of these symptoms within 24 hours of his/her scheduled program, please keep him/her at home:
- Diarrhea – defined as two or more loose stools
- Vomiting – more than once
- Rash or other skin infection, including persistent itching or scratching
- Excessive coughing, wheezing or a runny nose with green or yellow mucus
How to Contact Us:
Camper Absence: 416-759-6823 (calls before 9am if possible)
EYGC Camper Code
The safety and enjoyment of each camper is extremely important to us. In order to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience, we ask you to review the following points with your child/children.
Make new friends
Take turns and be polite
Bullying and teasing will not be tolerated
Listen to your camp staff
Think before you act
Learn about new cultures
Help camp staff
Make your time at EYCG Camp great
Look out for your fellow campers
Campers choosing to disregard the Camper Code may be asked to leave EYCG Camp with no refund. Parents will be contacted if any serious behavioral problems occur. These incidents are very rare and we hope to keep it that way by being proactive and encouraging all camp participants to be responsible for their actions.